What can you do to help protect the 1,400 miles of streams and rivers that provide recreation, drinking water and economic growth to the Lancaster community?
On this special episode of Lancaster Connects, we talk with show contributor and Lancaster Township Engineer, Benton Webber, about Lancaster Conservancy’s Water Week. During the chat, you’ll learn all about the events, activities and participation opportunities available to you.
You’ll also hear about Occupational Development Center’s upcoming 3rd Annual Food Trucks Fest and all the great trucks that will be there. Lastly, we’ve put together a highlights reel of the ‘best’ from our first 12 episodes.
Are you hungry for some good eats from a local Lancaster Restaurant? Fill out the form below to enter for your chance to win one of two gift cards to a local restaurant!
This show is sponsored by Gardner’s Mattress & More in Lancaster, PA!
Get your FREE copy of Ben McClure and Jeff Giagnocavo’s book – “Sleep Better”: https://gardnersmattressandmore.com/sleep-better/
👉 Lancaster Conservancy’s Water Week: https://www.lancasterconservancy.org/water-week/
👉 Benton Webber: https://www.linkedin.com/in/bentonwebber/
👉 Occupational Development Center’s Food Truck Fest: https://www.facebook.com/events/485578575975400
Events Around Lancaster This Week:
- Lancaster Conservancy’s Water Week: June 4th-12th
- Leading the way to clean water by protecting over 7,000 acres of wild lands, the Lancaster Conservancy created Lancaster Water Week to connect us all to clean water.
- Tons of unique events and activities available throughout Water Week!
- Over 20 events available: https://www.lancasterconservancy.org/water-week/events/
- Take The Water Week Pledge: https://www.lancasterconservancy.org/water-week/pledge/#pledge
- Check Out Their Videos On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLM2dZ7wEbBkBy0ImQDwDLptSEhTR8C_6N
- Website For Water Week: https://www.lancasterconservancy.org/water-week/
- Guided Mansion Tour of the General Edward Hand Mansion Historic Rock Ford: June 1st-30th
- Edward Hand was the Adjutant General to George Washington during the American Revolution.
- Historic Rock Ford offers visitors a peaceful enclave for lovers of history, art and nature.
- Website: https://historicrockford.org/
- Tickets: https://rockford.yapsody.com/
- Location: 881 Rockford Rd Lancaster, PA 17602
- “Beauty and the Beast” @ Dutch Apple Theater: June 3rd-July 31st
- Disney’s beloved classic “”Beauty and the Beast””.
- Location: 510 Centerville Road, Lancaster
- Website: https://dutchapple.com/
- Tickets: https://dutchapple.com/shows/beauty-and-the-beast/
- Sumer Music Series @ Shoppes at Belmont: Every Saturday Night Through Sept. 4th, 6pm-10pm
- Head to Charles Frey Park (between Finch Jewelers and Carter’s/OshKosh) for free live music.
- Location: 1600 Fruitville Pike Lancaster, PA 17601
- Website: https://www.shoppesatbelmont.com/
- Event Page: https://www.shoppesatbelmont.com/summer-music-series/
- Live Well Wednesdays: Now Through September 15th, 11am-2pm
- Take part in weekly events to empower you to live well in the relaxed and beautiful farm setting of Elizabeth Farms.
- Location: 262 Hopeland Rd Lititz, PA 17543
- Website: https://nourishwellnessco.com/
- “David” @ Sight and Sound Theatres: Now through Dec. 31st
- Witness one of the most legendary Bible stories as it comes to life with original music inspired by the Psalms. DAVID is a state-of-the-art theatrical experience for the entire family.
- Location: 300 Hartman Bridge Road, Ronks, PA
- Website: https://www.sight-sound.com/
- Country Barn Strawberry Festival: June 5th & 6th, 11am-3pm
- Featuring train rides, duck races, a candy canon blast and a strawberry shortcake eating contest. There will be live music, photo ops and more.
- Location: 211 S Donerville Rd, Lancaster, PA 17603
- Website: http://countrybarnmarket.com/
- African American Heritage Walking Tour: Saturday, June 5th, 11am & 2pm
- Tour participants move along an outstanding tour route, across bustling roads, down narrow alleys; through cemeteries and churches, learning stories seldom heard beyond the intimacy of local families and read in only a few history books. Proceeds from the regular monthly guided tours benefit the program activities of the African American Historical Society.
- 90 minute tour
- Safe, easy walk. Wear comfortable shoes.
- Location: Departs Lancaster City Visitors Center at 38 Penn Square, Lancaster, PA 17603
- Website: https://www.aahsscpa.org/walking-tours
Lancaster’s Food Truck Scene For This Week:
- The Warehouse District Beer Garden, Hosted By Wyndridge Farm: June 4th-6th, 6pm-8pm
- Live music on Friday by Matt Reinhart / Saturday by Amy Peck Duo, Mark Derose and the Dread Noughts / Sunday by Little Leroys and Sonic Tonic
- Sonic Tonic and More.
- Friday’s Food Trucks are: Dough Heads and Blazing Swine
- Saturday’s Food Trucks: Walk-O-Taco and Blazing Swine
- Sunday’s Food Trucks: Walk-O-Taco and Grappling Crab
- Location: 595 N Charlotte St, Lancaster, PA 17603 in the “Lumberyard”
- Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1367744996937439
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WyndridgeFarm
- Bands For Hope: Saturday, June 5th, 4pm-9pm
- Raising money to benefit Lancaster Field of Hope whose mission it is to ease the financial burden of unexpected medical issues or long-term care facilities for families in the Lancaster Community.
- Music by Oscar’s Box and DJ Day Eddie.
- Food Trucks: 22 BBQ and Simply Sweet.
- Location: 4338 Fairview Road, Columbia, PA
- Event Page: https://www.lancofieldofhope.com/bands-for-hope
- 3rd Annual ODC Food Truck Fest at Stauffer Park: Saturday, June 5th, 11am-3pm
- The Occupational Development Center and Manheim Township Recreation Department are having their second attempt at their 3rd Annual ODC Food Truck Fest at Stauffer Park (COVID cancelled their attempt last year)
- They’ll have food from a variety of food trucks, live music and lots of fun for the kids!
- PLEASE BRING CASH! – Several of their vendors are cash only, and there will also be local product raffles and a 50/50 that require cash to participate.
- If you plan on hanging out and enjoying the music and entertainment, please bring lawn chairs and/or blankets!
- Food Trucks: Here are all the food trucks in attendance: Reunion Food Truck, Grape Leaf Cafè, Lickity Split (hand-dipped ice cream), Blazin J’s, M n M Catering LLC., G’s Concessions, Kurtz’s Concessions, The Crazy Train, Scoop-O-Dough, Savory’s Funnel Cake, Stir it Up Steph, Bubble Wow Waffles
- Location: 1241 Lititz Pike, Lancaster, PA 17601
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ODCenterLancaster
- Facebook Events Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/485578575975400
- Local Makers Market at Shops@Rockvale: Saturday, June 5th, 10am-3pm
- Come check out all these amazing Food Trucks at The Shops @ Rockvale The Shops at Rockvale this Saturday, June 5th for our Monthly Makers Market from 10am to 3pm.
- We will also have live music from Matt Hostetter & Ben Pierson, Hatchet & Axe Co. offering FREE ax throwing provided by the Team @ Rockvale, over 50 local artists, awesome photo booth, yard games and amazing beverage vendors!
- Location: Shops @ Rockvale, 35 S Willowdale Dr Lancaster, PA, US 17602
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ShopRockvale
- Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/132353998676957/
- Gardner’s Mattress And More is running their Double Dealzzz special – a great way to pick your own discounts and maximize your savings when buying a new mattress.
- Click here to learn more about this opportunity to customize your own savings!
- You can also visit Gardner’s Mattress And More At: 830 Plaza Blvd Suite 2, Lancaster, PA 17601
Episode Transcript (Click Here To Open/Close)
Transcript Not Available This Week.